Wednesday, May 26, 2004

New Post and Comment Email Notification

I've been looking for a (free) service that will send an email notification when someone posts or comments on this blog, or the Eva Pictures blog. I thought I had found something yesterday, but ran out of time trying to configure it and couldn't find the link again. What a maroon.

I'll continue looking. This isn't a perfect solution, because it only tells you that the site is updated, and not exactly where, but it beats randomly checking with regularity and frantically searching the site for any updates. With any luck, the notification will include the name of the post, and whether the change is a new post, or a comment to an existing post. I'll let you know if I find anything, and make it available.

9 comments:

alslee said...

Great idea. Even I, with all the time in the world, have given up checking back for new comments.

Gock said...

Well, if we all get lazy and only check the few most recent posts, the situation will take care of itself. :-)

alslee said...

I do check the mouse posting every day for new comments.
About mice: I cut holes (2) in my bedroom ceiling yesterday with my handy Zip saw. Looks like a drill but cuts drywall. The point was to put poison for the mice overhead, but the droppings are awfully big. What's a roof rat? I had to vacuum every surface in the room because of the drywall dust. I still have to spackle them. The drywall pieces I cut out are about 18 inches square each, and now are held in place with the coolest clips. Maybe I should just leave them unsealed for later deposits of noxious rodent potables.

alslee said...

We could just comment at the latest posting, mentioning the posting to which we refer in our comment. As I just did above.

alslee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
the EvaDewer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
the EvaDewer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gock said...

Wow. What remarks could possibly have needed to be redacted??? A credit card number?

the EvaDewer said...

Sorry about that. I was testing the forwarding of emails for notification of new comments. The test failed. In the process, I accidently erase one of Mama's diatribes about Ashcroft. Now she thinks the gov't is on to her.