Everyone survived the trip to the mountains, and had a great time. I've got some pictures; I'll try to share some of them this weekend. We did lots of loafing, guitar playing, fishing (worm and fake worm drowning), hot tubbing, Password playing, beer and coffee drinking, grilling, red-meat and ice cream eating, swimming, exploring, and arson.
We did some boating, told jokes about boating, and about people who own boats. We made our somewhat annual trip to the drive-in, which is always fun. Spiderman 2 was a hit. White Chicks was, well, White Chicks.
Gock and I tried to burn down the cabin and surrounding area with our hillbilly pyrotechnics. Thanks go to Gock and Melanie for braving "One Armed Willie's" to purchase the implements of destruction.
The cabin was outstanding. Thanks to Koala for securing it; we hope to have it again next year. It was borderline luxurious: The hot tub was a big hit, the amenities were unbelievable, and there was lots of land to roam around on.
Friday, July 16, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
And a large river flowing by the front yard. And we pontooned, leaving some of us, by now, scattering tiny bits of dry peeling skin wherever we go. This despite frequent and liberal applications (slatherings, as Kristen said) of SPF 45. koALa and Melanie did a road trip to Indy on Saturday, learning all the lyrics to Chicago on the way, spent Sat nite in a motel in KY. koALa returned to GA on Sunday night. She & Wen expect to be unpacked within a month or so.
The cabin is reserved for 2005. Check in 3pm Sat. July 2th, check out 11am Sat. July 9nd.
I've uploaded a few of the pictures that Afterdinner and I took while camping on Eva Pictures. Check 'em out.
Great pictures, funny commentary.
Post a Comment