And after. I want all my kids and grandkids to come here and live in separate cabins (or doublewides) on my land and be happy together. We'll have gigantic family meals (Liz and Stevie and Kristen and Melanie can cook) and giant bonfires (Craig and Chris and Bobby and Glen and David can gather wood). Daphne and Kelly and I can sit around and drink coffee and gossip and plan projects. Pert can tend the fire and give directions to all and sundry. Pleeease. Once a week we'll go to our separate corners to calm down. Daddy says also!!!
Wednesday, December 22, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Sounds utopian. Will the skies rain hams, steaks and seafood? Is the "circle of trust" unbreakable? Will anyone go to the cops when KOF has finally had enough and kills Gock, or, worse yet, me? Will there be lots and lots of liquor?
Utopia sounds good. We'll live off the land. A giant garden and eat mostly vegies. I;ll buy the beef, chicken, pork and fish. The circle will be unbroken. Well, till Pert & I croak. The drug of choice up hyere is meth. Gotta go out of town for liquor. See you soon. Oh yeah, you boys can build a tall fence all around the land so Buddy and Duke and Duchess and white and black kitties from Chicago and assorted kitties from Hotlanta can run free. Maybe we could get a doxhound (are there two?)from Hotlanta too. They will then be comunity pets. Anyone for a milkcow, or a goat? Chickens? I'm good at that.
I'm in as long as nobody's allowed to tell anybody else what to do and there is a community center for hanging out when we want to socialize. (Picture: Saturday around 10:00 a.m.; Mama sitting in the gazebo with her cup of coffee looking off into the distance at the trailers, out of which there isn't a stir or noise, except Duchess barking at Charlie.)
Oh heck. I guess you all know that you can remove a comment, but it goes off to the e-mail addresses for all to see your mis-spellings, revisions, additions, and mistakes.
Community center under construction. Are outhouses okay? We can use them as fertilizer for the gardens.
koALa's idea is a winner. Sounds like we'll be on the cover of "Outdoor Living" in a matter of no time. I personally had my sights set on "Soldier of Fortune", but Dubya is doing the next 48 issues or so. I'm very excited about all this and I always wanted to be known as a hunter/gatherer. Can one just be a gatherer? My Red Rider BB Gun is really just for show. EvaDewer shouldn't waste any of his time worrying about KOF loosin' it cause if she does I'll be the first one you all will be eulogizing. Then again...that insatiable appetite for blood...that unrelenting desire to seperate skin from bone...Better bring Kevlar just in case.
Kevlar? Don´t forget, JJ, you go with what you have. Speaking of Red Rider: Lunatic Fringe is known to be out there.
The wonderful thing about this proposed community is that everyone may wear whatever s/he wants to wear at any time. I like the Jland T. We could build a rustic shoppe up near Loving Road and sell home made creations and folk art. Maybe applesauce and fudge. How much market would there be for burnt pecan pies--people like that homey touch, don't they? Those so inclined could hook up to an internet satelite and have a consulting electronics repair advice online magazine webpage book and article publishing whatever place. Perhaps share the experiment and its joys and problems and solutions and advantages with others on line or in print. This is the kind of thing no one will try, but when one reads about someone else doing it think it is cool.
Kevlar: an lightweight fiber 5x stronger than steel used in making body armor.
afterdinner points out that I lied about being good with chickens. Sigh. One chicken holocaust and they never trust you again.
Post a Comment