Thursday, March 03, 2005

"Angel Unaware" Dog from outta nowhere

I got to this post site by clicking "New post from Evadewer" and logging in with my own name & password.
The spirit of the universe, aka, fate, fortune, whatever, has sent us a dog. She showed up a couple days ago and started sleeping on my chaise on the upstairs deck. She's been dogging my heels ever since. She looks like "Cleo" or if that is unfamiliar, like a Thurber dog. Black & white & tan beagle, I think. Pert got her some food and a dish and I sacrificed the cushion from my chaise--put it on the porch outside the glass sliding doors. Pert moved the gate from the backporch to the bottom of my stairs and we are trying to transfer her attachment to Pert. Right now he has lured her on a walk to the creek with garlic baloney.
She seems so familiar, she must(might)(could be) or not be a reincarnation of somebody I knew, and I feel like we are supposed to keep her. Perhaps for Pert. Grasping! Straws! Stupidity! Maybe she is Hunter come to keep me company.




Not the dog in question

13 comments:

the EvaDewer said...

Dogs are bad news. It's probably the devil. You should take advantage of that:
1) Have Pert make a deal with her while she's hangin' out.
2) Have Gock come down and kick her ass at GIT-tar playin' down by the Buddha.
3) Tell her I wanna bang Liz Hurley. I'm pretty sure they know each other from that movie. Crap. What if she is Liz Hurley? I better not take any chances. Keep her there; I may not ever get another chance like this.

alslee said...

Oops/ P says Bassett. Very short. Big feet. If she stays a couple weeks we'll get her spayed and shots etc.

KiKiDo said...

I have most certainly logged onto the wrong blog. Another family's site must also be called "because 'Non Sequitur' was already spoken for." Wow.

alslee said...

Her name is Cleo. She figured out how to avoid the gate on my stairs by going around and squeezing between the stair rail. So I put lattice up there on one side. If she gets up the other side I'll do likewise. P was up and walking her to the creek at 9am and is going again as soon as his socks dry. Don't ask. I told him there was an aura around the place with Cleo here, not something you'd share with your mental health carer or on a job interview. P said, yeah dogs drag auras around with them and bring them in from the woods, or something like that. She will chase the frisbee, but won't bring it back. "If it gets really cold" she will get to sleep inthe house with P. The garlic baloney is drawing her closer to P every day. He's gonna get a brush for her, and a water dish.

the EvaDewer said...

You let a dog sleep in the house? My world is crashing in around me.

The kids will be thrilled when I tell them. I'll wait a bit to make sure that she's staying around. Not like the others.

Gock said...

The little one has a million friggin' questions about the dog, and I couldn't answer any of them.

"Is it friendly?"
"Probably."
"How do you know?"
"Because they let it hang around."
"(laughing) Maybe that means they are afraid of it! Is it a puppy?"
"I don't know. They didn't say it was, so probably not."
"Are they gonna keep up until I go down there?"
"I don't know. If it works out, maybe."
etc. etc. etc.

alslee said...

Yes, she is friendly. Not a puppy puppy, but a young dog. If she stays, we will keep her. We are encouraging her to like it here. Bed, food, water, walks, kind words, frisbee. She likes to lie in the sun.I said "when it is very cold, she can sleep in the house." As far as I'm concerned, if she sleeps in P's room she can sleep in every night. Not on the beds or furniture though.

KiKiDo said...

I finally have allies in my quest to live with dogs. I think it is hilarious that M suggested that the reason they let the animal stay around is that they are afraid of it ('cause it's not friendly). Yes, I'll bet a water bowl would encourage her to stay around. My bet assumes that the water bowl will contain water.

davidly said...

1) Just in case he´s Hunter, hide Pert´s rifle and KoAla´s gin.

2) Tie that baloney around Pert´s neck.

3) Get a chastity belt just in case Eva really wants ta dew ´er.

4) Be prepared: You see, some things aren´t meant for keepin. If it is, well, then good, but like that Buddha at the crossroads, take it for what it´s worth, and don´t expect any interest on your investment. The investment is it´s own reward.

However, be careful with those big hearts ´o yers, cuz, it sounds like a wanderin dog. Go on and give that love away and enjoy every minute of it, but remember: Just when you get attached to a wanderin dog, it´ll up an´ leave (most likely with the rest of the baloney).

alslee said...

Yeah. I already thought of that. If she leaves today, her purpose was accomplished. P & I discussed that. Heck, if we get her spayed, she might get pissed and bolt. P walkes the paths with her several times a day and I pat her occasionally. She lies around in the sunny spots a lot. Thanks for the input, though. It's good to know others think as I do. For now, she's here.

alslee said...

PS I thought if you met the Buddha at the crossroads you were to kill him.

davidly said...

That´s at a checkpoint, which I guess is a sort of crossroads, and only if he´s part of a terrorist hostage negotiation.

alslee said...

Actually, it's 'if you meet the Buddha by the side of the road, kill him.'and the only thing that saved Cleo was--no road. P got her a wire cage today. in case we go to that scientific study in Texas. Pr Jacksonville. And some pig knuckles. For now.