Wednesday, August 10, 2005
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy?
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy? Oxygen drops (Oxymune)? Local friend (our optometrist) suggests. Any comments, opinions, suggestions? About all oxygen therapy EXCEPT Hyperbaric I tend to say humbug. Hyperbaric? I wonder. Needs prescription by doctor, travel to provider, stay at location of provider. Medicare and insurance would not pay for this condition. Cost +- $100.00 per treatment and I infer that many treatments are recommended, maybe 40. I'm considering pursuing this, ie: trying to get a prescription. We could pick a fun location and make it a vacation sort of trip. Is this going to Mexico for almond seed extract injections for cancer? Or......? Honesty please.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
I not talking cure, just maybe dizziness alleviation or diminishment.
Before I go scrounging to affirm or debunk their claims, how long to they say that the alleviation continues after therapy?
I can't find anything to make me confident that this will help. On the other hand, why the hell not? Is the question whether or not this is a boondoggle? Who the fuck cares? If it is, then do it. If the cost is a concern, let's talk about that.
Now...where are the potential locations? I think there's one in Tampa, and Austin, either of which could be a smile. If you're gonna do it, let me know when. You may need some help. I'm completely serious. Except for the part where you might need some help. Just the part where I'd go with you. Pick the right place, and it could be a good time.
Well, having done absolutely no research at all, and assuming that this "therapy" does *not* involve removal of the eyeballs for polishing with jewelry cleaner and treatment with short spurts of air from a tiny hose before popping them back into the sockets, I say that you should pick your vacation spot and hit up your relatives for money to contribute.
Sorry. Nobody says this WILL help or alleviate. I thought the hyperbaric MIGHT have some auspicious results. Probably not, I guess, but maybe. We do not need money help. I thought I'd look near Panama City first. This won't happen overnight. Doc's appt. first. Get him to prescribe it second. Make appts. with provider third. TO quote the optometrist/friend who suggested it, upon my saying there was no treatment or cure, "Well, hell, he's just sitting over there dying.
PS: thanks for all your input. I do appreciate it.
In response to KOF--one can have oxygen or ozone insufflated(sprayed, like an air hose) into one's rectum, vagina, ears, and bladder. I figure we won't try that stuff, though. Nor the one where you drain blood from one arm, "clean it and add oxygen to it" and run it back into the other arm. You would not believe the things people will do to you for money. All in the name of making you feel better. Someone must do these things or they would go out of business.
I see that you plan to get a subscription I mean prescription from a doctor; therefore, I assume you will ask the neurologist who has diagnosed MyPa whether or not s/he believes this treatment could actually make matters worse, which I suppose is a possibility too.
I really don't know what I can add to the thoughtful and thought provoking comments already made, but I will say that this made me curious.
I don't have a clue as to whether or not this is a tough call, which I suppose makes it one. I thought in the beginning, as you may recall, that oxygen therapy might be a help. I was thinking laughing a lot to increase the exchange, though, and deep breathing exercises, and, yes alleviating that snoring thing. Why not breathing pure oxygen at somewhat regular intervals? Is that out of the question? I would think that the lungs would be the first try. That being said, I encourage further pursuit, and offer my services as well, however I might be a help.
Well, hell. No, I had not considered consulting the neurologist who diagnosed. Planned to have Pert discuss with local doc, a doctor of osteopathy, or DO. We'll have to discuss asking the neuro.
I'll take da noise and de X which Agatha suggests, for me.
Also, I will see if we can get some portable oxygen for P to breathe. That sounds like a good idea. Thanks.
BTW, what about looking into the noise therapy that might alleviate the hypotension? I know, I know, yet another thing to do, but if studies indicate results, and the treatment locales are appealing. . . .
Do I detect a hint of "irony" somewhere in some of these helpful comments? (If you use "irony" in quotes, "no one" can accost you for using it erroneously.
P is going to consult with local doc about (thanks OML) breathing oxygen occasionally. I know you can buy canisters of it. Also he will ask about hyperbaric, drops, and muscle relaxers for body cramps.
And about sitting under a busy runway at Hartsfield (feld?) for the healing aural vibrations of passing jets. As far as the X, where can one obtain it?
I don't think anyone was being ironical. I know the O2 and Noise Therapy comments were well researched.
And no, I can't score you some X. I've just barely got enough to keep Agatha in line...er, don't know where to get it.
I don't know about ironical, but I think there are persons being bihaptical. Really, I was being sincere about the noise therapy.
P says he can't sleep as well with CPAP and so far he doesn't have stridor. We may try it again later if he does have stridor. He doesn't really snore much now.
Much as I'd like to go to Barcelona for noise therapy, P's not interested. Thanks for all the research and good wishes.
PS;Agatha, we haven't watched any of the movies yet. Can you believe it?
P started to watch One False Move and stopped. Says it's gross. (More with the gross from P. His word of the week?)
Wow, you can get a DVD about noise therapy online. I have P try it.
love gulliber
Post a Comment