I've been using it for a few months, but my interest is in having my bookmarks be portable. I'm not particularly interested in everyone knowing about everything that I bookmark. That said, I really like it's flexibility. Add the use of "del.icio.us dir.ect.or" for better filtering through your bookmarks with tags.
I'm not confident enough in the service, however, that I can rely on it exclusively. I'd really like to eliminate all of my local bookmarks in favor of a service like this, but I don't want to lose them all because "del.icio.us" goes away. Perhaps periodically saving the page to the local hard drive, just in case...
6 comments:
You can find my bookmarks under "ThirdUncle".
I've been using it for a few months, but my interest is in having my bookmarks be portable. I'm not particularly interested in everyone knowing about everything that I bookmark. That said, I really like it's flexibility. Add the use of "del.icio.us dir.ect.or" for better filtering through your bookmarks with tags.
I'm not confident enough in the service, however, that I can rely on it exclusively. I'd really like to eliminate all of my local bookmarks in favor of a service like this, but I don't want to lose them all because "del.icio.us" goes away. Perhaps periodically saving the page to the local hard drive, just in case...
good post... thanks.
WTF?
One of my motivations for starting to use this was to help me avoid the temptation to bloat up this journal with link posts.
Oh, by the way, they have a utility that exports your bookmarks in html, which you can save and import to your browser.
Post a Comment