Monday, September 12, 2005

Well, Doesn't This Just Bite!

The Taurus, after a new fuel filter, new tank of gas, oilchange & filter, still shows check engine light. Computer at repair shop says #1 cylinder missfiring and will do new plugs & wires for $300.00 which may fix it. Doesn't feel like plugs to me or pa though. All things considered,(mainly,I must have a car I can rely on) we decided to price new cars. What is available, that we can afford, is a Focus wagon for 12000.00 plus our car. And I SAVE the three hundred. I'd wanted to get a Prius, but initial cost, even with Agatha's help, precludes that decision. We get the car tomorrow. I had hoped to drive the Taurus till I died, but, well, I guess I'm glad I didn't.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Condolences for your loss. #1 cylinder my foot, those scam artists, I...actually I don't know a crankshaft from a mineshaft but if Tom Cruise was in the area, he'd know it was a bad solenoid switch immediately and have it running like a top in no time.
I guess I shouldn't joke seeing as how we will be making a new purchase (van) pretty soon ourselves, as our Taurus is fast becoming a money pit.
What color will the new Ma&Pa dragster be?

alslee said...

White. Actually, I haven't seen it yet. They will get it tomorrow from some other dealer. It's what was available. After having second thoughts and guilt feelings (26/30 vs 51/60) I searched online for a Prius. Agatha's got avg. 46mph on the way home from Fla. with Eva driving. But, they are scarce as hens' teeth unless you want to order for later. The closest I could find one, a 2005, was Asheville, NC for 26172.00. I wish I could, but alas, unless I want to go back to cutting up surgery victi--er, patients, that's over our heads.
I may brush paint it pale blue and decal assorted symbols on it in various colors, though.

alslee said...

PS: After you get over the initial abdominal agony of indecision and fear and the frustrating search for the perfect auto at the perfect price (?) it is slew gobs of fun to have a new vehicle. At least until the first of about 85 payments comes due and you suspect you may not pay it off in your lifetime. Ah. well, we're not buried in mud, brushing against bodies, or being shot at by friend and foe. So, Rock on.

the EvaDewer said...

So, do you have it now? Is the Taurus resting comfortably (you'll see it fixed up and for sale for $5000 soon)?