Monday, November 28, 2005

I got porked on Thanksgiving

Just a few of the many things that I'm thankful for after this weekend:
  • Pert and koALa's continued love and hospitality every time their compound is overrun by crumb-snatching little bastards. We love you and appreciate everything you do.
  • Gock's pork roast idea and recipe. That was just the thing to give this Thanksgiving a distinction that will keep it remembered as something other than "just another holiday".
  • The visit from KT1 and KT3. I must admit that my first instinct is "Oh, shit. Now I have to bring up my energy, be friendly, entertaining, and charming." (Not that I succeed on any count) However, I end up being incredibly glad that they visit, and wish they didn't have to leave. They're funny, loving, and tremendously entertaining.
  • That GT1 is taking dance actively again. It's wonderful to see her light up about something that she loves. Kudo's (improper apostrophe acknowledged) to Gock for managing to make it happen.
  • Agatha's influence on the team: My better half brings a...something...to the procedings that puts just enough sugar to the recipe to keep the whole weekend sweet. Thanks, Baby.
  • A Sunday morning conversation with O Mr Leonard. It's good to hear his voice, and good to see the way the 'rents get all excited when he calls. The bastard.
  • Mostly, it's the fact that I can spend a three or four day weekend with my family, and end it genuinely excited about the holiday next month.
Kick in with your Christmas plans when you have them, and I'll put together some kind of a travel grid to track us all, whether you're planning on descending upon koALaville this Xmas or not.

9 comments:

davidly said...

I'm thankful that I got to speak to Eva and Gock in addition to Pert und KoAla, and glad to hear that a good time was had, despite what Gock did with that porking thing.

alslee said...

Suggested alterations post shakedown cruise:
1. Adjust K's medication....done
2. Reduce salt and black pepper in pig
rub....noted
3. Use FRESH pork roasts...noted,
spoke to butcher yesterday
4. K to make home made pecan
pies...noted
5. Get more ice cream :)
6. Cook a turkey breast with the pork.
7. New meat thermometer...noted,
probably forgotten.
Lastly, but not leastly, get some more people.
And I want to second Eva's thanks and express my gratitude for Agatha's essential contribution to the mix.

alslee said...

Each adult will get a magazine subscription for one year or a book. Please say what mag or book you want on here....soon. (UNless you want to get stuck with TV Guide or REaders' Digest.) love K & P

alslee said...

Okay, new plan. P & K will give only stocking stuffers for the adults and request that nobody give us anything that has to be kept. The party is about being together and seeing tearjerking movies and having moments of irritability and friction and being grateful we have a family to get annoyed at who gets annoyed at us too and who all forgive and love each other anyway. Let us not forget the humor and wit amd repartee, which everyone excells at and without which I can't imagine how people make it through life. Well, that and the pork and pies etc. Thank you for your attention and compliance.

KiKiDo said...

Koala's last post gives an example of why I admire her so much. Having not been present at the shindig, I can only say that I naturally relate to it all: Eva bantering with the cousins, Agatha's sweet and intuitive influence, Gock's porking something, Pert's and Koala's generosity and fun, as well as the inexplicable excitement and attention showered upon Mr. Leonard. JoJo and I can hardly wait until December 23rd or so, when we plan to be down there.

alslee said...

Too Cool. Ask and she shall receive. For more people we are already promised Jo Jo & KoF and B&DT1& B&DT2.
Shall we have any Jo&KoF's Ts (note correct non placement of apostrophe, please)1,2,3,4,5 & 6? In other words, will there be a van to haul away huge quantities of stuff from the various sheds and garages and wood piles?

KiKiDo said...

Yes, now that we've finally rid ourselves of our own useless clutter, we can hardly wait to bring more crap home from the south. We are lucky that we won't be able to do so, however, because the baggage limitations by the airlines are pretty strict these days. We aren't bringing any animals, either, but there's always a chance once we get there that I'll find one on the road to cry about.

Gock said...

there's always a chance once we get there that I'll find one on the road to cry about

Not to worry. I can mix up more dry rub in nothing flat.

the EvaDewer said...

That boy ain't right.