Wednesday, February 22, 2006
Bond...Shemp Bond
Hey, I don't really care. The Bond franchise stopped mattering a long time ago. These guys have a point, though. And there's one of Curley, too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
lost and abandoned
4 comments:
I could understand suggesting one not bother to go see a film, but organizing a boycott? It serves no purpose, because everybody that really cares isn't going to go anyway. I'd say that I'll probably never see it, except I'll probably end up seeing it on the plane in July. By the way, does anybody remember any Bond films of late?
I'll admit I'd consider myself a semi-serious Bond fan but I lost interest once Brosnan took over; the series lost it's roots and became a showcase for flashy, expensive, special effects. That being said, "Casino Royale," is returning to the original source material, something not seen in almost 20 years so it has to be better right?
I'm sure they boycotted or threatened to when Moore replaced Connery, Dalton replaced Moore, Brosnan replaced Dalton. Oh, and George Lazenby, talk about boycotting material.
I don't know Daniel Craig from a hole in the wall but anybody with just a fleeting resembelence to our beloved Shemp is destined for greatness.
I'll keep my fingers crossed that when OML travels by plane this July, he is spared the "Miami Vice" remake or anything with Jude Law, Bette Midler or Jon Favreau.
Pardon my above typos, it's 12:22AM and time for bed.
Favreau!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAH!!!
Post a Comment