Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Campaign Season Disclosure

My car is at Goodyear, right around the corner, having it's passenger side mirror repaired. This will take one day and I will pay the total cost from private funds.

In the interest of full disclosure, I did it. I swiped a support pedestal on the out ramp of the apartment parking lot. P had nothing to do with it. I accept full responsibility.

In my defense, I was watching a guy who was going to be in my path after I reached the bottom of the ramp and must have inadvertantly leaned a little to the right. This is no excuse, though, and I will continue to accept any repercussions. No public funds will be used to allay the pain and embarrassment caused by this incident.

After consulting with my advisors, it is possible I may enter a recovery program, perhaps an Eve Arden Spa, to deal with my problems.

Thank you for your compassion and support.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your painful yet professional disclosure and many thanks from your loyal lobbyists for not going all Chappaquiddick with P.

the EvaDewer said...

If you were drunk, just admit it now. The first step is to admit that you have a problem.

This smells like there's more to the story. The immediate and unneccessary absolution of Pert's responsibility, the disclosure of extenuating circumstances while seemingly accepting full responsibility...

Wait. How old was the guy at the bottom of the ramp? Was this a minor, you pervert? Was this going to be an unwelcome advance into his personal space? How long has Pert known about this, and not told anyone? What about Gock? I want answers!

alslee said...

After counseling, I feel it "incumbent" upon me to reveal that once, when I was very small, a maid, of a different race than me, insisted on making me push my cuticles back after my bath. At least that is all I can recall at this point, but rest assured I will work with my therapist to bring any suppressed memories in re this incident to light. No matter how painful, I feel I owe it to those who are "invested" $$$$$$$ in my future.
P has no comment at this time.

On another note, I sure was lucky 'cause the Goodyear guy showed me how dangerous my tires were so I could get them replaced also.

the EvaDewer said...

Did you ask him if your brakes were dangerous, too?

I hate people that prey on the elderly.

I hate people that pray for the elderly.

I hate the elderly.

davidly said...

Speaking of advancing into space, depending on your affiliations, I think this will either get you on the "in" or "out" list.
http://www.heute.de/ZDFheute/inhalt/2/0,3672,3989666,00.html

davidly said...

Sorry:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/space/article/0,,1925757,00.html