Saturday:
3PM: While looking at movie listings, considering the possibility of seeing one, I mention that RENT is showing across the street. I assume GT wouldn't qualify to see it. GT says she may, G affirms it. We go online; there is a show at 4PM. GT thinks we should drive. And worries that we are not dressed appropriately. I don't care. P's old red sweat pants, a Purdue sweatshirt, black Reboks, a bushy head of uncombed hair; this seems to me perfect RENT. It is.
We get tix in the 10th row center on the floor, fabulous wonderful seats.
Okay, I was going to go on and on and on about all the cool details of this experience, but I just told them to OML on the phone and now they have been expressed and are out of me.
However, it was a great, memorable happening from conception to review and I told GT she had to remember it forever. P & G watched tv or whatever and when we got back we ordered in Chinese and for a while there I was living Seinfeld and Mad About You.
The set was created like my kind of art, with junk and trash and lights and shadows and the musicians were on stage and visable and the sound was great and...oh well, maybe you needed to be there. And we got t-shirts. "NO day but today" on the back of mine sold me.
There was a bar in the lobby, just like in old Broadway theater movies.
WEll, I had a good time. So did GT.
GT spent the night and G picked her up at 9A and they will be back later to watch the Colts with P...and me.
Sunday, November 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
My how I do run on. Sorry.
Well, heck, I forgot the most important part of the dress appropiately--y=the Purdue sweatshirt had a "Stewart/Colbert'08" button on it.
Sounds like a hell of a time. I'm glad you got to do it.
...and the Colts won unlike some other Midwest team.
The excitement continues into the rainy week.
a & P just voted and had lunch at the CAnary Cafe, all on foot with wheelchair. It was fun and cool and good fried chicken at lunch. Now I gotta tape together boxes and pack. Linda in bringing mexican dinner at 6PM. The movers come btw 10A & 2P tomorrow. Hope mania lasts me till we get into the house and have beds made.
Oh yeah, we voted on paper with black filled in circles--well for us it was black filled in circle.
You did good mit Dem votes. Have a good move... Heehee...
Post a Comment