Little known fact: Gowdy rarely knew what the hell he was talking about. He'll be the first at the gate to "high-five" Tom Carnegie when his time mercifully comes.
Yeah, the "fan in the stands" commentary if you can call it that could be pretty mind numbing at times and if I wanted the real thing I'd much rather prefer a shirtless, inebriated Harry Carry in the Wrigley or Comiskey bleachers gawking at the braless broads a few sections over.
I once heard that NFL owners wanted Gowdy to narrate NFL Films instead of John Facenda. Take from that what you will.
He did start broadcasting decades before I ever heard his "verbal gaffes" though...
Don't go soft on me now, boy. He could have gotten out of the game when he had his faculties. I'm sure Hitler was a cute baby, but that doesn't excuse everything else. Same for Robin Williams.
4 comments:
Kinda what I was thinking.
He did start broadcasting decades before I ever heard his "verbal gaffes" though...
Yeah, the "fan in the stands" commentary if you can call it that could be pretty mind numbing at times and if I wanted the real thing I'd much rather prefer a shirtless, inebriated Harry Carry in the Wrigley or Comiskey bleachers gawking at the braless broads a few sections over.
I once heard that NFL owners wanted Gowdy to narrate NFL Films instead of John Facenda. Take from that what you will.
"Wait! Now they're saying he's still alive!" Now that's comedy-hehehe!!
He did start broadcasting decades before I ever heard his "verbal gaffes" though...
Don't go soft on me now, boy. He could have gotten out of the game when he had his faculties. I'm sure Hitler was a cute baby, but that doesn't excuse everything else. Same for Robin Williams.
Post a Comment