Friday, July 02, 2004

The Camping Plan 2004

This is probably as good a place as any (if it's not too late) to coordinate the plan for the week, or at least update everyone on schedules, directions, etc.

Craig, Kristen and I will be arriving at Turner Road late Saturday morning. We can't check into the cabin until 3PM, so we'll go over and pick up the keys from the main office early Saturday afternoon. I'm trying to get directions faxed to me. If I get them, I'll post them as a followup. I'll leave a copy on the kitchen table at Morganton, also.

Daphne will be arriving on Monday late, as she's driving down from the Outer Banks. We'll all (4) leaving Friday for Norcross, as the kids have to be back at their mom's on Saturday AM.

I'm bringing a tent, an inflatable mattress, and a couple of sleeping bags for overflow of campers.

Does anyone have fireworks? I don't know what the vibe will be, but it would be nice to have them if we can use them. Koala dumped the stash that we had in a fit of paranoia.

1 comment:

Gock said...

I am at work.

I am going to get M @ 4:30, after which I will have to go by the house for stuff.

We will drive to London, KY, where we will spend the night. That should leave us with about a four and a half hour journey to Turner Road in the morning, so I figure we'll arrive at about 1pm.

I only have my sleeping bag; M's is at an indeterminate location.

We plan to stop on the way and acquire pyrotechnics on Saturday (which, come to think of it, may change our ETA by the amount of time we spend stewing over what to get).

My departure date and time isn't yet known. I'm still mustering up the cahones to ask for Tuesday off. We are working on a deployment, so how well that goes may dictate whether I'm all that comfortable asking.