Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Uncle Elmer's "Change"

The hormone therapy seems to be going really well. The doctors are pleased with his progress, and think that he may be ready for surgery as early as Thanksgiving.

"Thanksgiving is for carving on a turkey, and I'm more of a swan!" said Elmer. He's still hoping "that pesky set will just drop off one night."

Well, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Speaking of holding your breath, Heather had her first swim meet last weekend. Of course, restraining order or no, Jimbo showed up drunk as a skunk, and they couldn't send off the 100 meter freestyle until deputy Egan escorted him away. Needless to say, Heather was aghast, but it didn't rattle her too bad. She finished 4th out of 11 swimmers.

Purnell is growing like a weed. Anybody know a safe way to stunt his growth, 'cause he may be too big for diapers before he's potty trained! Just kidding, I'm sure the little "episodes" will pass in time. Sally-Ann, remind me some time and I'll tell some funny tales about Ray-Ray from when he was a tyke. I wouldn't want to embarrass him out here in front of (what he calls) "the whole cyber community."

Mickey's Auction burned to the ground Tuesday morning early. If you ask me....well, ask me, and I'll tell you. I'll just say I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Ruth claims she had a mink coat and the Mona Lisa stored in the back office on the insurance reports.

Don't be a stranger.

3 comments:

the EvaDewer said...

Blatant troll. -2 points.

Gock said...

You know, CZ can be really convincing. Until she takes a hammer to it!

alslee said...

Tamika says somebody has just way too much time on his/her hands and needs to just get out in the field and help Papa harvest the okra or start getting the wood in for winter.