Sunday, October 17, 2004

Licking Wounds

While Craig was talking me off of a ledge last night, he reminded me that I'm in a win/win situation with the Boilers, at least if I hope to see them in person this winter. Still, to lose in the manner that they did has me down today, largely because, at this point, they'll be playing down to whatever bowl they get in, rather than up.

Won't someone please hold me?


4 comments:

Gock said...

I share your anguish.

This will not be their only loss of the season, of course. If they happen to lose games decidedly, it would be a lot easier to swallow. This, this is a shame. Well, with a full set of starters on the Badger D-line, the outcome might well have been less nailbiting.

I feel certain that they will enter this week's bout against -- whatever gang of thugs and criminals are coming to represent our neighbor to the north -- with a much more intense mental focus, and a more hardhitting attitude than would have been the case had they emerged with their loss-free season intact. Knock wood.

I hate Michigan, and hope that we just paste the crap out of them.

the EvaDewer said...

I hope that not being undefeated accomplishes that, too. I'm just not sure that I buy it.

I'm counting on them to hang about 40 on Michigan, though. I don't have anything in particular against Wisconsin. I fucking *hate* Michigan.

Gock said...

The Bowl Coalition seems to have yielded to my argument that there is no sense in factoring "number of losses" in the standings. This pleases me, and gives me a sense of rightiousness. Now I know how fundies feel when the get a drug store chain to stop selling Maxim.

the EvaDewer said...

It's double taxation!

Now if we can just get them to stop stocking Maxi Pads.