Saturday, November 27, 2004

Thanksgiving Fun!

We're having a great Thanksgiving weekend here at chateau EvaDewer. Gock and Mel got here late Thursday to complete (sans Koala) the circle. We had a party of ten for dinner yesterday, and everyone chipped in to the organized chaos that was the preparation process. By all accounts, the supper was a success, and we had two or three rounds of dessert, along with movies, "1000 white cards", and poker as the evening wore on.

T4 is up making breakfast for everyone as we speak. Pert is holding forth (to T3, and anyone else who will listen) on the relative benefits of contact lenses as they're created today (he won't be happy until you can put the lense in either way and still have it work correctly). Gock and Mel are on the computer, as is Afterdinner, at least until T2 gets her out of there to join the breakfast table.

T1 is missing her beau, who is headed back to Champaign/Urbana today, and was up until god-only-knows-what-time last night playing pool and eating at the Waffle House.

Wish you were here.


7 comments:

the EvaDewer said...

The turkey is gone (no, it isn't), the pie has been eaten (well, distributed anyway), and the guests have gone home. The kids are back at school, Gock, Afterdinner, and I are back to work, and Pert left his Chicago Bears jacket in the closet (woo-hoo!). I'm hung over from random sleep patterns, and trying to get work done (not really).

Just want to extend one more thank you to all who helped make the weekend such a good time. We really enjoyed ourselves, and can't wait for the winter solstice celebration. We'll pick out a tree this week, I hope.

We missed:* Koala, and not just because she would have made even more *pie** KOF, and not just because there is potential for drama* OML, and not just because he lets us touch him while he's sleepingWe're glad:* That Sharon's surgery was successful, and that she is progressing well thus far* That all who attended are capable of handling and flourishing in the aformentioned chaos* That all travelers arrived back home safe and sound, willing to do it all over again next month

KiKiDo said...

Everything written about Thanksgiving in Gah makes the time seem so charming and wonderful. I'm so glad. I'm sorry that T1 was pining; that can be so sad. I'm sorry that Koala wasn't able to be there but glad she could be present at the sibling's not-death-bed-after-all side. We (JoJoGunne and I) miss you all--and Koala and OLeonard and hope that each of your Mondays weren't as punishing as Mondays after a holiday can be. (I'm home sick and paying hell for it with calls and correspondence from work.)

Gock said...

A wonderful time was, indeed, had by all.

I only have to apologize for my relentless commentary atop "The Old Grey Whistle Test" and "The Last Waltz". I was in a groove.

the EvaDewer said...

Only when I allowed you to get a word in edgewise.

KiKiDo said...

We don't get an e-mail message when Gock posts a reply.

Gock said...

I would call that a "feature". I wouldn't complain, because someone might eliminate the feature.

the EvaDewer said...

The "Gockinator" filter has now been removed. May our children forgive us for what we've done today.