Pert and I are headed to the final round of the BellSouth Classic on Sunday. We've gone the last couple of years, and it's always a good time. We typically wander the fairways for a little while, then meander over to the stands at 18 and camp there, watching each of the groups come in for the rest of the day, and wondering what causes the irrational devotion folks seem to have to Phil Mickelson.
Jealous? Well, you should be, damnit.
Wednesday, March 30, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well, maybe you shouldn't be so jealous. The first two days have been washed out, so we're left with the prospect of the second round being played on Sunday. That leaves the chance of a 36 hole Monday, on the week of the Masters. That should be really popular with the players.
The good news is that we'll see lots of golf on Sunday, because it will be before the cut, so all of the players will still be there. And that's the bad news, too. I don't recognize that many of the players on the tour, but I know when a guy has "Alternate", or worse yet, "Volunteer" on his bag in place of an actual name, that I'm not seeing top shelf talent.
Kidding aside, it's still gonna be a lot of fun. Sunday is supposed to be in the mid-60s and sunny, so the weather will be nice for viewing. Pert says he's bringing his putter as a walking stick. I think he's really hoping that he'll get to play. Hell, if this keeps up, he might even be in the hunt...
Had a great day at the goph course. It was breezy, but sunny (too sunny, says the top of my bald head). We got to see great shots, crappy shots, and Mickelson's Army going krazy as he rolled in a 30 footer for birdie at 18. And then they all left.
I wish I could take today off and take Pert out to watch the final round, too (since I've already got the tickets), but there's this whole "work" thing that I have to consider.
Sigh.
Post a Comment