Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Independence Daze Redux

I'm taking the whole week off. First chance I get, I'll make concrete arrangements to have the offspring for the same.

Meanwhile, what about "accidental rituals"? Think in terms of Calvinball in slow motion.

6 comments:

alslee said...

I checked yesterday to see if we could change to a cabin on the beach. None to be had. However, the lady at the rental place said if we go North on 60, just across the rr crossing, on the right, is the road to, I think, Horseshoe Bend Park, where there is easy access to swimming where the river is calmer and there is playground equipment. Also, just before you turn off on that road there is a tube rental place. She said she and her kids ride tubes from Horseshoe Bend to the whitewater place? and it takes about an hour and a half if the dam is not open, ie morning. It takes 1/2 hour when the dam is running. Sounds more fun than rafting to me as each one has a tube and one may stop, swim, play, whatever. And not a far drive from the cabin, which, you may recall, is off a road that turns LEFT just BEFORE the rr crossing. Also, of course, there's the pontoon.
Now, as to your reference, Eva speaks of stopping in Tennessee on the way home from INDy after the race to purchase many and assorted exciting symbols of festivity and light for causing loud noises and fearful running for one's life.

Gock said...

Race?

alslee said...

You jest. The big Memorial Day 500 in INDY to which you all go each year.

davidly said...

Thanks for arranging all that stuff guys, I realy look forward to it.

KiKiDo said...

I just confirmed with my manager that I have the entire July 4th week off. There was whining about it, but I got my way (by whining, I was the whiner).

the EvaDewer said...

Saweet! Learn the lyrics to "I Wanna Be Sedated". Jo Jo can help you by playing the power chords (there's only three, natch).

Can't wait to see you!