Yeah, we're all freaking out a little. All except the principles, that is. (Thanks for the calming words, Koala.) We've got a forum here for expelling our fears, ideas, and feelings. Let's take advantage of it.
I think I can speak for all when I say that I'm especially looking forward to Mem day weekend, and even more for "Cabin Week". I don't remember, irrespective of recent events, when I've looked forward to a vacation more in my life. Everyone in the same crib? This is gonna be a blast. Let's come forth with the ideas for the week. Koala has started the ball rolling with the tubing adventure. Anyone else have any itches to scratch?
There's a lot of shit going on here. Let's work through it.
Wednesday, May 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Thanks for the kind words and thoughts. Has anyone talked to OML?
I thought accidental rituals sounded like a fun stepping off point. No takers?
I inferred that you were alluding to the Keystone Cops-esque spectre of two drunkards entertaining the masses with a display of arsonistic wizardry last year, which I'm fully prepared to replicate. Could you clarify?
Are you proposing something of a more spiritual nature? Cause I can bring weed, too.
I have wanted to "tube" for years and never have. Remember getting into the river/stream at Helen, and Donna losing her retainer? That was as close as I've come. Rafting is too scary, tubing will be perfect. I am really excited too, but it's more because of the caffeine I just consumed.
"accidental rituals"
It just came to me one day last week, thinking about a lot of different things.
rituals
My primary objective is that we all have fun.
Come to think of it, that's my only objective.
I didn't want to be the one lay down some discovery process, or rules, or framework, or what have you. Whatever pops into someone's head. Like I said, Calvinball in slow motion. A whole week of it. Spring it on each other.
Well, you can if you want. Can't account for what anyone else might do while you're singing. Perhaps sing along, perhaps something less obvious...
King called. Thanks for that. I too look forward to seeing her and all. My input regarding accidental rituals is to let them be just that and not plan too much. Tubing is a great idea. I remember Donna´s retainer being a big issue cuz it cost fifty bucks.
Come to think of it, my bed-wetting was an accidental ritual.
In order for an 'accident' to be also a 'ritual,' ie; "accidental ritual," wouldn't the same klutz have to make the same dopey mistake over and over again, accidentally? I can say, without fear of contradiction, that no one in our brilliant group is that goofy.
Caveat: Just because no one contradicts you doesn't mean that you speak the truth.
Let us ponder. Amen.
I call bullshit, KoAla. I bin too drunk many many many times, and haven't learned my lesson yet. You might even call the prayer to my porceline jebus a ritual. I just can't pull it off seven days in a row, though. I'm not as young as I used to be.
Rest assured: I'm every bit as stupid as I used to be; lack of energy keeps me from doing some of the things my evil brain would talk me into otherwise.
I still say...a ritual is an intentional repitititition and an accident, by it's very definition, is not intentional. Thus, ergo, cumquat it ips. case closed etc.
And, revert to the previous window rule .
Post a Comment