Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Does a person stop being a bastard once his parents marry?

Is a Hoosier a person born in Indiana or a person living in Indiana? These questions, because opinions vary on the answers, have nagged Eva for forty-six years. (The correct answers are out there, most likely, but opinion is fact as far as we're concerned.)

We believe that yesterday was the anniversary of the day on which Pert and Koala wed. Congratulations, and we hope the day was filled with happiness.

It's awful that this day will also be remembered for having been the day Chris Penn died.

7 comments:

Gock said...

One should strive to earn the title, and leave no doubt.

davidly said...

Do bad about Sean Penn's brother. Who are Pert and KoAla?

alslee said...

As with our a/droit supreme court nominee, Hoosier is possibly whatever I say it is today, or maybe it what my peers have said it was in the past, but sometimes they didn't follow the peers who decided before them and nobly decided to make a new rule that day, for the benifit of mankind. (But couldn't actually make any prediction on what they might think before the actual moment arrived and they had been assured of a lifetime income no matter what they said.) If your heart is pure and you long for the Wabash and the sycamores and the new mown hay and the candlelight, and you/ve ever gone to an Indiana sectional at Butler Fieldhouse riding in a convertible with the top down with snow and sleet whipping around you, or heard about it, you "qualify." So I say, accordingly, since I got a pension and SS and lifetime tenure with P, today, at least, Hoosier is me. Hope that clears it all up for you.
Thanks for the good wishes.
Isn;t this the perfect entry for a site called non-sequitur? Too bad it was taken.

alslee said...

OH MY GOD. What did Penn die of?

KiKiDo said...

Accordingly to JoJo, and I quote, "excess." Good Lord. Don't you just want to slap him? Saying that is like saying some one died of alcoholism.

the EvaDewer said...

Would that be wrong?

He died of "too much". Too much everything, ultimately. When you've been indulging in too much food, and too much drink, your heart can't take too much blow the way it used to.

I, too, want to die of "too much". Alas, I'll probably go of "not enough". And it won't be because I can't afford "too much". I could have "too much" if I *really* wanted it. Ultimately, I won't let myself have "too much". I was the cast member they left out of "The Breakfast Club".

Quiz question: Which member of "The Breakfast Club" are you? (Yes, the teacher and the janitor count, koALa and Gock).

alslee said...

koALa ia definitely Allie Sheedy. Always.