Thursday, March 16, 2006

Long Tour

What do ya say, jojo, you and me re-up and put this one on our dream sheet?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds tempting.

I damn near jumped off my dorm room balcony in tech school when my "dream sheet" (Hickam, Eglin, Langley or anywhere with decent weather) was totally ignored and my orders read: Minot, North Dakota.

I'll take ice in my boots over car bomb dodging any day. I can't imagine a worse place to call home for an American soldier, but this is typical for this administration. Their plan for a smooth transition of quickly forced democratic ideals backfires so they go to their surefire backup--a decoy disguised as an Air Force base. They'll sweeten the pot with some hazard pay, pat them on the back and tell them they're making a big difference.

It's all ok though because I'm sure that Rumsfeld will pop in and serve Christmas dinner to the troops, thus making the world, and by that I mean Iraq, a safer place.

davidly said...

I can't really relate to what you had to do, but would guess that rivet counting in the not so great white north beats guarding Halliburton's interests.

And speaking of leaping: A guy in my sister flight's mother flight (mother flight's sister flight) leaped from the second floor ledge outside the windows at Lack-land. A guy in my flight heard a 'uhg!', and turned around a saw the blood leaking from his lifeless body. If he quickly reincarnated, he just might be serving Democracy in The Gulf right now. 'A great way of life' indeed.