Thursday, December 21, 2006

New Version of Blogger: Not ready for prime time

I was recently notified by Google, when logging in to create a new post, that their new version of Blogger is out of beta, and ready to import our blogs. Excitedly, I tried to let them do that conversion, and got an error message that blogs of some types (?) still can't be moved to the new system. Sounds, based on some of the issues folks are having, as if we got off light.

For the Google company line on the new version and its myriad of benefits, go here. For a little information regarding issues that they're having with the conversion, click either this link or the title bar. Apparently, I'm not the only one having a problem. So in the short run, your blog posts will look as they have up til now. At some point (when the bugs are shaken out), I'll try to convert this here tree house over to the new Blogger, so you kids can play with the cool new toys that they have available.

Happy Festivus,
Your humble admin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering about this same thing because when I went to create a new post recently it said something to what you just mentioned and rather than ask a stupid question, I just figured our fearless leader would make it happen one day. Presto-chango-BOOM, just like Madden says. Thanks for the update.