I had d/led and installed skype months ago, but didn't have anyone to talk to on it. Some dude posted a message about wanting to try it out, and gave his username, so I took him up on it.
It totally cool!
The sound quality was much better than any speakerphone I've ever used, and the fact that I'm using the mic in my monitor and the speakers on the side didn't result in feedback the way it did in applications that we tried before.
There was a *little* bit of a noticable...kind of a single duplex phenomenon?...like...conversational sidewalk bumping, but that may just be attributable to the awkwardness of talking to a total stranger.
Of course, McAfee was howling about the app now and then, but I pimped out to the app each time.
Tuesday, June 15, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Looks pretty cool. I'll try it when I get a chance. A downside is that it takes over your soundcard, and, of course, depends on your CPU. Still, if the quality is good, you can't beat free phone calls, 'specially if O Mr Leonard gets access to some o' that broadband at some point.
Post a Comment