Saturday, October 02, 2004

What's the poo on Dizzy?

Did he have his sleep test this week? What's up?

13 comments:

Gock said...

He has his study, and is getting fitted for his CPAP on Friday.

alslee said...

OML suggested to me this summer that "diz" or "dizzy" might be a self perpetuating sobriquet. Or a self reinforcing identification. Or something like that. Pa says his dizziness is progressing (getting worse) as in more dizzy when dizzy, not more often. Only when standing or walking or whipping head around or bending. Sitting, lying,still okay. He still does stepper 30 minutes a day. And walks the path. Poor guy. His aim now is to stay pyhsically strong so as to function well though dizzy.

the EvaDewer said...

That because OML is a bed wetter.

Fair point, though. I don't want to be in any way responsible for making matters worse. I'm game for other, more positive reinforcing -what was it?- sobriques. Any suggestions?

Gock said...

If by sobriquet you mean moniker, then, cripes, tell him to pick his own. We all had to and, oh, look, they all turned out so clever! *rolls eyes*

alslee said...

I will tell hime the whole conversation and let him decide. Right now, though, he is out for the day, lunching with M & G and shopping and having the oil changed on my car. Cross your fingers. That's how I lost the Focus. He says he is having trouble coordinating the focus of his eyes. Each one okay alone, both together, not so much. He will ask his eye guy if he should go back to the neuro-opthamologist at Emory.
Webster's Second: Sobriquet-1. A nickname, 2. An assumed name. It's not good to make fun of mother.....

Gock said...

We may have misunderstood.

That's raccoon poo. He got it on him whilst shimmying around on the roof of building 5.

He also found a stash of Jolly Ranchers from last year's Team 5.

There will be a euchre tournament at the pavilion starting at 7 tonight.

alslee said...

The entity who once went by the sobriquet "Diz" now wants to be called "Pert". This is a derivation of the word 'expert' of unknown origin. "Pert" states, however, that he is not "ex" anything, hence the moniker "Pert." I, for one, am loathe to argue the 'are you now or were you ever' question, so 'Diz' is out and 'Pert' is in, and Pert is out and about in the world today, hauling trash and the like. I really shouldn't get on here after drinking coffee in the am. Blah blah blah.

the EvaDewer said...

"Pert"! That sounds perfect! And by "perfect", I mean "really gay". Not rugged, like "Eva".

So be it.

KiKiDo said...

"Pert?" Don't like it. Then again, I let him name my dogs and that worked out okay. Let him name himself.

Gock said...

I'm pretty sure that's already taken by a shampoo, or titties, or something.

the EvaDewer said...

Titties are OK. I just don't think you should call your dad "Titties". At least not to his face. How about "Boner", like the kid on that TV show? Or instead of "Pert", we could go for "Rigid", or "Turgid".

Cause, you know, now he'll be a member.

alslee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
alslee said...

Well, I wasn't gonna tell you all this, but he first said 'spert' which I heard as 'spurt' and refused to use on a family site. After his explanation of his rational I, feeling like a dirty minded old harridan, assisted him in reframing his AKA to fit his descriptive intentions. Hence,'Pert.' I'm not fond of it either, but if you encourage people to think and act independently, you gotta be prepared to accept their choices, as Joellen once told me, in a different context.