Monday, January 31, 2005

Big Mama Got DSL

I had to bring the laptop back up and connect it 'cause without the CD drive working we couldn't configure the desktop. And I had to go buy a NIC card for the laptop 'cause they don't carry them on the truck. So I set up the card and and the modem and am now connected to my DSL. I just got done and haven't browsed yet so I don't know what the diff will by. Nevertheless, rejoice with me, in the 21st century--well the low end of it anyway.
Yes, we can still use the dial up. Tomorrow I'll take the desktop back down for Pert to use with his e-mail until I get the network set up. I think I will do wireless.
There are boxes and papers and wires and filters and junk strewn all over the place. I'l recreate order tomorrow, said scarlett. bye

2 comments:

the EvaDewer said...

Cool. Welcome to the world of speed and instant data. Hope you like it, 'cause it's a drug.

davidly said...

Good luck with that. Well, I just got the ibook, upgraded to the max. Now I have to find a provider, and figure out if it´s worth using Airport Extreme.

On the one hand it says that you have to have a Base Station plugged in where you´re using it, but on the other, it seems to indicate that one can find a network otherwise. We´ll see.

I could just use the internal modem instead, and dial up a provider. Interestingly, the only provider Mac listed when I registered was T-Mobile, but when I chose to connect with them, Apple couldn´t verify their authenticity, indicated that they could be someone posing as T-Mobile, and asked if I wanted to go through with the process anyway. I didn´t.

Here´s hoping that I´ll soon be geeking with the bet of them.