I can't help myself. I wandered by a USA Today in the library, and my curiosity got the better of me.
There was a story and accompanying graph about the discrepancy not just between the exit polls and the vote tally itself, but the exit poll results before, and the exit poll results after the actual vote count started coming in. I didn't bother to link the on-line version, because it only has a different spin of the story without the graphic.
The exit poll graphic showed how Sen. John Kerry D-Massachusetts was leading the president 51% to just under 48% nationally. Then, along the time scale there is a few hour gap in the graph in which there had been no polling, because, according to the caption: "There were no exit poll results because of a 'computer malfuntion'." The time line picks up again somewhere around midnight, where the results indicate a reversal of fortune.
I'm reminded of someone's suggestion, referring to the 2000 election that on translate the same story to a banana republic vote scenario, that is a corresponding result, but with different names and all: "Goopeepee's brother is provincial leader of the district in question."
This time around we have Ukrain as an example.
Wednesday, January 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
If that still bothers you, you're in for a hard 4 years. Before it's over we will invade Iran while still in Irac and nobody who was ever in the service will ever be able to get out. Man the ramparts. Revolution time. But I'm too tired now, it's up to you young people. You shoulda seen Boxer go at Condi though. Sigh. Too tired to go on...
e-mail done and done. NO spending today, don't forget. Not one damn dime.
Does pot count? It probably stimulates the economy, but I heard it supported the terrorists. I'm confused. Can you do both?
Post a Comment