Thursday, June 16, 2005

This, That, and the Other

I'll try to get something going here early in the morning your time, if that's what you mean by a book. If not, well, tough poop! Other than that, I can promise not to forget to call this week.

Speaking of what people see or don't see, how does this site look on your respective browsers? The Kontakt link should be in the eye and the other two flanked near the bottom. It'd be great if any of you could report your browser name, and any "irregularites". That is all.

8 comments:

alslee said...

No, I was talking about that 'book' where you guys were all telling old funny tales about P. Don't call too early.

davidly said...

I was only involved with the things we learned from variety.

I'll start dialin' when I'm poopin'!

the EvaDewer said...

That book was read and delivered to Poop, er- Pert a year or so ago.

Crapfully yours,
The EveDunger

the EvaDewer said...

As to Davidly,

Firefox, the banner at the top isn't displayed, whereas it is in Internet Explorer, but your image and the links appear as you described. Unless you expect the bottom (huh-huh, I said "bottom") to be at the same height. They are offset slightly, which I expect was your intent.

Internet Exploder doesn't seem to want to load your image for some reason. The information at the bottom (snort) of the browser indicates that it's downloading "file0001.aif", but it never seems to get here, though the links are roughly where I'd expect them to be based on the other page.

Your mileage may vary, though, as some of these things rely largely on how the browser is configured with respect to image and popup blockers and shit. (Ah, that's better.)

davidly said...

Yeah, I'm a little pissed about that pop-up, but that's what I get for going as cheap as I could. The aif is background sound on the homepage. I'm gonna change that to a wave file and see if that goes. Someday.

the EvaDewer said...

The site appears to work completely on both IE and Firefox when I'm at home. All links are where they're supposed to be, your big melon fills the screen, and the scrolly thing is at the top, taunting me with its jibberish. It was both painful and divine. It smelt of varnish, and scratched my back until I was sated.

davidly said...

Thanks for that feedback. Unfortunately the background "sound" doesn't work in any format that my program will attach. It would eerily complete the page.

alslee said...

P said I could sit on his lap if I wouldn't shit in it (I had delicately passed gas earlier) and I said 'you should put that on the blog' and he said 'I meant to mention that. Lately they seem obsessed with.....drowned out by my laughter.