I've never thought of myself as the member of the tribe to be most needful of mollycoddling, (see KOF), but apparently I've sold myself short. I received a call from koALa and Pert this morning, ultimately geared towards giving me an opportunity to vent any misgivings I may have with respect the pending purge of worldly goods and land that make up The Compound. So I did.
While I've never made a secret of my affinity for the family farm, I recognize that it is the people that reside in and around the abode that make it what it is. I know that, even if I had the means to offer fair market for the land, it wouldn't make any sense, as it stops being what it is to me when the occupants abandon it -er- move. I'm aware of at least some of the many benefits that come with the move, and support it. Emotionally, I'm probably reluctant because I don't want things to change, as if keeping things the status quo would prevent other things from progressing. Obviously, on a conscious level, that level of ostrich syndrome would be pointless, and in fact potentially harmful. So sell the shit and move already. Don't forget that herb, though.
Once talked off of *that* ledge, koALa got the opportunity to assure me that the shoulder injury I suffered during tennis yesterday is not likely to be a torn rotator cuff, as was my fear. Though I won't know for sure until one of the local docs performs the appropriate tests, I am mostly convinced that the problem will neither be with me that long, nor require surgery. So there's that.
On a more positive note, I picked up a couple of tickets for the Braves' second playoff game (this Thursday) for me and Pert. We'll be there to see their annual collapse firsthand. I don't know if any of you have been to a park for a playoff game, but there's a really cool vibe that comes with it, at least in my limited experience. I think it has something to do with the bunting (the decoration, not the batting choice).
Sunday, October 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I was coddled on the phone yesterday evening, by K&P, and then KoF, after which I hadn´t the energy to leave the boys a message. The thoughts about The Ranch are enlightening, I had similar thoughts myself, though hadn´t managed to come to the same conclusion until now.
Take care of that arm, but maybe you should go see Job(e?) just in case.
I had a dream once that I was at a MLB game in which everyone bunted. Apropo of little, I´ve been thinking about tenative idea of joining the 500 clan next time around, but am wondering if it might be a better idea to join the whole fam damily when they are together again instead, since a yearly visit is about all I can swing. I know that prolly shoulda bin inna new post, but I´m lazy and stupid, and shiftless; not unlike that one guy who plays for the Braves.
So far things have gone predictably with the shoulder. I visited my regular doc yesterday, who opined in general, agreeing with koALa that this isn't a rotator cuff problem, scipted me some cortizone for inflammation, ordered some x-rays, and recommended me to an Orthopedist. I've now got the x-rays, and will see the Orthopedist this afternoon.
Emboldened by my successful prognostications thus far, I'll weigh in with prediction 2: The Ortho will rule out one or two things, but tell me that he can't really see anything significant based on the x-rays (he may even say that the x-rays aren't very good, and order more), and recommend that I (1)wait to see if it gets better, and (2)go get an MRI (or other test) if it doesn't. HMO doctors like to go into a 4 corner offense, so that they can wait to see if the affliction takes care of itself, before they really engage in serious diagnosis.
koALa wouldn't tolerate that shit, boy.
At the risk of sounding sentious, may I point out that feeling bad, sad, reluctant, stop the world I don't want change,this can't possibly be happening to ME and MINE, dammit, if I think hard enough I know I can figure a way to make it all okay, how did I get to be almost the oldest generation?, and any other objection-to-reality thoughts that surface are normal, human and universal. My problem has arisen when I say, 'Okay, I've accepted reality, no more thoughts like this are permitted.' I probably have presented that belief to you all. It is not true. The thoughts and feelings remain--until others take their place--and I think what makes us humane humans is our ability to entertain the thoughts, feel the feelings, and share all that with people we love (heck, just other people) so they know they are not alone in their thinking, misery (joy) (lonliness) (fear) etc. It is easier to share good feelings, and easier to do in person, however, what is is. I am not the happiest camper in the woods, I'm just making what I can, probably not the best, of a sucky situation. I am sad too, and all of the above mentioned feelings.
For some comfort-or whatever-I do try to remind myself that this situation is universal (that's two) and others have survived it. Now comes the obligatory, change the subject, take your mind off your troubles, humor: What the heck does sentious mean? Everything that you all have said is true, and welcome.
An aside: P does not and cannot do this sharing thing, so yours is important to me.
I thought we'd moved on. What does all of this have to do with my shoulder?
Oh, don't forget Eva's shoulder, petition all the known gods of the known universal (that's three)you know of and think good thoughts, or he might be hurt.
Your shoulder hurts because you touch yourself at night.
If only we only had sore throats, Saint Blaze would be enough to alleviate all the suffering in the world.
If all them eevolution perponants hadn't come up with them anteebeeotics we probly would all have sore throats, and the saints could fixem. Or we'd be dead.
Merciful God in heaven above. Enough already!
Just kidding, of course. I'm sure Koala's post was moving and informative, but I couldn't concentrate on its content because my mind wouldn't stay off of wondering what the word "sentious" means and considering opening a new browser to look in a dictionary. Of course, I didn't bother to open another browser. If *that* simple action is too much for me, imagine how I feel about all of this stuff going on with the grups and G&AG &, of course, Ivan Lendl.
Post a Comment