Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Rainy Days and Sundries

A few pieces of news, or at least information from the Southern front. First, some housekeeping:
  • Thanks go to koALa, who figured out the source of her problem posting to the blog: Google has decided to try to tie your GMail ID (if you have one) to your Blogger ID. Therefore, if you decide to create a new post, you might get the sign-in page, with your GMail name and password pre-loaded on the appropriate lines. If you try to sign in that way, you won't be recognized, and it will merely invite you to create a new page. So, you may either (1) log back in with the appropriate user name, or (2) if you want to avoid that trouble in the future, I can send an invitation email to your current GMail address, and you can sign up from there. Let me know if you want to do that, and I'll test it out before trying it on one of you.
  • The good news is that this is the beginning of a pretty major upgrade to Blogger (the first since Google bought this POS). The changes aren't available to us yet (unless we create a new blog), but I'll post more when it's time to switch over. I may try to transfer over the pics we have over on EvaPictures, then use that site as a guinea pig before risking all of our data (or whatever it is we have here) in an upgrade, and consolidate the two sites at that time. (If you listen carefully, you can almost hear the entire family struggling mightily to give a damn.)

On a more personal level:
  • The EvaDewer will also be working in a different position soon, though it will be with his current company, in a different group. This may not mean much to the rest of you, but it's a godsend for him. Among other things, this will mean a few trips to India a year. With any luck, some stops along the way might be possible.
  • Gock has been quiet about it, but he is working again, as well. I'm sure he'll update us as he sees fit. Or maybe I'm not sure, so I just wrote that to be on the safe side.

9 comments:

davidly said...

Hey hey!! Congrats to both of the Smith boys. They're doin' alright, though I know--while he may not realize it now--T3 is gonna miss feedin' that pig.

So if Eva comes to see me, I'm gonna have to get everybody to pitch in to hide the fact that I'm the town drunk. Anyway, I recommend Tegel (TXL) over Tempelhof.

Anonymous said...

Sound like great news for many. It's always good to get a fresh outlook on employment, this coming from someone who scoops up dog and cat poop for his wage.

Hollywood video slays Blockbuster but neither of them rent out porn which
makes life more difficult.

Does your future trips to India mean we can expect to see you in a very fashionable Dhoti?

alslee said...

Trip to India--very cool--I want to go too. Congrats to T3 & Eva & Gock. Thanks for all the work on the blog. It is a lifeline for me to feel in contact with all my peeps.

alslee said...

Just printed for Pert

KiKiDo said...

Congratulations, my @$$. Employment sucks! Travel, on the other hand . . . (unless they make you work while you travel). . . .

Gock said...

Yep. Started Wednesday. Keeping busy.

More later, yo.

davidly said...

Sorry, Gock. I meant all three ***** boys. It's just that I already knew about your new job, and failed to congratulate you. Hurrah for both of Pert's & KoAla's boys, as well as Pert Jr. the third. This code sometimes makes my head throb.

alslee said...

Well, yeah, but your head always stood ready to throb at the drop of a hat.

the EvaDewer said...

Jesus Christ. You two want to get a room? 'Cause it's nauseating the rest of us.