Monday, June 14, 2004

Easier ways to track blog changes?

This doesn't solve all of the update problems, because it still doesn't email you when we have updates, but if you're tracking more than one blog, there are ways to keep track of which ones have new posts in them. I purloined some information from an article in Time Magazine on blogs. See the end of page 4 of the article for more of the pertinent information:

Kinja.com "Launched April 1, this is one of the best ways to sample and automatically subscribe to a wide range of blogs."
This one seems to track the changes the best for our needs, based on what little I've done thus far.

Bloglines.com "This site lets you organize your blogs in much the same way that your browser sorts its bookmarks."
Unless there is more to this, it appears to be not much more than an alternate front end for the pages, but I'll keep looking to see if there's more than meets the eye.

I'm gonna play with these a little, and see if I can find one suitable. Among the problems that I already see is that the time stamps aren't updated when a comment is entered into the site, which is probably the most difficult problem that we face here.

1 comment:

alslee said...

You know me, AL, you'llhave to draw a picture when you get it established.