My attention has been called to a review of the re-release of Brian Eno's first four solo "pop" releases in a music publication called Pitchfork of which I had never before heard. According the this article, significant improvements have been made to the production quality in the remix. Thanks a friggin' heap. I think I've earned a gratis copy.
The publication also rubs more salt in my wound that I won't be able to attend the music festival in Austin in September. This is the second year I've been aware of the show and unable to attend, and it's one of those things that pains one. Maybe not as much as the Crossroads concert, but still. Look at that lineup, will you?
I like to think that next year I will be going, but with only two weeks of vacation a year....I have to pick my spots.
Wednesday, June 23, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Keep looking. I´m sure you´ll eventually find the remixes available, though I would personally check to see what Eno had to do with, or at least, thought of them before I´d consider having a copy, a "need".
Contrary to the review-which I couldn´t finish cuz it´s typical, wordy, uniteresting analysis-I don´t find "The Paw Paw Negro Blow Torch" such a departure from the sound and style of the Roxy singles mentioned.
Regarding the festival: Looks like you´ll have to wait til Alabama comes to you.
Holy cats! Nice lineup. Makes me embarrassed for what's been passing for a music festival here the last couple of years. A question worth asking, though: Does Ben Harper go anywhere without Jack Johnson firmly but gently up his ass?
With respect to new mixes and releases of Eno's stuff: Dimished value of return. Even if money weren't an issue, wouldn't your time be better spent exploring new avenues? That's why I only listen to CDs once, then melt them. I don't need that baggage.
Post a Comment