Saturday, June 05, 2004

These people just make me want to puke

I'm sure many of these people saying "great President" really believe it.

They just played a speech clip where he said something about "appealing to your hopes, not to your fears."
Give me a friggin' break.

OMG. They are going on and on about how "courteous he was, even to his opponents". Please. "There you go again!"

8 comments:

the EvaDewer said...

Gag me. "Greatest President ever". "Defeated Communism". "Whether you're Democrat or Republican, you have to admit that he was a great leader."

I had almost forgotten how much I hated him and his sycophants.

Which of these false statements should be grounds for impeachment? Choose more than one if necessary:
1) "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Ms. Lewinsky."
2) "We have not, nor will we ever, traded arms for hostages."
3) "We have proof of an active program to produce weapons of mass destruction."
4) "I was out of the loop".

alslee said...

I had to just create a blank spot in my vision till this is over. AND not watch new except for sports. I don't even want to talk about him. I was so appalled when he was elected.

the EvaDewer said...

"Reagan's remains." How long I've wanted to hear those words used officially.

davidly said...

Okay, I´m actually relieved that the original post wasn´t referring to Junior. You see, while I heard a report of "a worsening condition" a couple of days ago, I then heard a subsequent BBC report, where sources denied the story outright. And Sunday, while I did see a headline in a local tabloid proclaiming the death, I still hadn´t seen or heard anything since, and figured it must be spurious. That is until now. You guys are newsbreakers! It seems, typically, sources close to the family, were denying as he croaked.

What was big in the news here yesterday was Chancelor Schroeder´s acceptence of responsiblity on behalf of dem deutschen Volk. Some German commentators have gone so far as to declare the nightmare of that distant war finally behind the people here.

GimME a ficken break! The only thing Schroeder should`ve mentioned as shameful, is that a the profiteers who somehow got away with openly supporting his opponent in the last general election were able to sully the memory of the veterans of the Normandy landing, by standing there in all there glory, while trying to reimplement the horrors that were defeated sixty years ago.

Unfortunately, "I was out of the loop" is a pretty damn good excuse sometimes, and for some disturbing reason, Cons can say whatever they want, and, not only get away with it, but also be believed.

davidly said...

"What a legacy..."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uselections2004/story/0,13918,1233788,00.html

Gock said...

"It's a sad day today," said Frank Ofekowsky. "He made a lot of effort for this country, he united the country, he brought it back together again.


I'm sick of hearing this ridiculous revisionism. He was instrumental in creating several ever-widening chasms: have and have not, blind religious and critical thinking, neo con and, well, sane...
For the folks that say this, all of his detractors just "don't count", and they'll freely tell you as much in so many words.

alslee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
alslee said...

reagan legacy at the Guardian