I've been streaming my favorite XM music channel (Channel 51 - XM Music Lab) for about 30 minutes now. If they let me do this all I want (all the time)...well, it's a reason for joy.
Of course, there are other channels you can stream, too, but who gives a frog's fat ass? ;-)
Sunday, June 13, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Not save for dialup:
http://www.xmradio.com/programming/channel_page.jsp?ch=51
This link has an on-going stream. http://www.reboot.fm/
I´ve played on this station live when we broadcasted analog , and will probably be streamed on the 10th of July. I don´t know the schedule yet.
So I guess the only way to post a link is in the original post?
You can post a link in the comments, with a couple of provisions:
1) You'll have to do your own html. One thing that you can do if you don't remember how to set up a link is to open a new window, start as if you're creating a new post, and just copy and paste from there. That way you can preview your comment, too.
2) For some reason, it won't let you set it to open in a new window, even though you can do that in the posts. Dunno why. Most probably don't care.
Examples:
Glen's linkDavid's link
Gock, are you sure you're streaming live content? It looks like I'm getting a random location within about a 3 hour sample of ML, rather than a realtime listen, each time I reopen the window. Not the the sample is bad, but I don't know that it changes over time.
But what do I know?
Guess it could be what you said. I had it on for a little over two hours last night with no repeats. Of course, I'll find out soon enough. :-) Not at work, though, because I haven't figured out yet how to get whatever the soundcard is in this box to work with Linux yet. (rolls eyes)
Bummer. I just got home from work, and they are playing what I think is the same Bela Fleck tune that I heard last night.
That, and the player says there is a 03:06:32 long piece playing. That's probably the length of the loop.
Yep, now "The Mango Song" by Phish.
On the plus side, it is 3+ hours of great music.
Post a Comment