I will check the main blog and the kids' personal blogs. If anybody gots anything I should know, put it there. All that stuff on the side is too confusing to me and takes way too much time. Don't you people have jobs? PS: Any news on the condo?
Re: Condo Not much good news. The living room carpet is being replaced, and there is mildew on the lower part of the walls by the sliding glass door that goes to the balcony. They're drying out the room now, and there is more testing of walls to be done to check for mildew.
The "common" area, (the hallway on my floor, for starters), is pretty trashed. The sheetrock for the walls and ceiling has been removed, so the studs and joists are visible. The carpet in the hallway was ruined and has been removed. Looks like this effort will be measured in weeks, perhaps months, but that's just a guess. My October rental is SOL; I'm just hoping to recover in time for the December showbird that is scheduled to be able to stay comfortably.
The complex is open only to owners; needless to say, it isn't "showing" very well to renters right now. I'll probably go down in a couple of weeks to see what I should/can do, but for right now, I'm probably better off staying out of the way.
Absolutely right. There are too many people down there without homes, power, or water for me to whine about this. It'll get fixed, and we'll move forward.
I heard that. After a spring of cold and rain, and now a whole month of cold and rain, I keep having to remind myself that it's better than hurricanes. Today I almost gave up; until I read this post.
Anyway, maybe some of that (is it 7 billion?) money will find its way into your campaign coffer. Not likely, I'm guessing. Good luck with the handling and repairs and any addition stress that comes your way.
Yes, people are worse off. Starving Chinese and all that. But it is pretty sucky never the less. Sorry. You guys think you'll go there for Thanksgiving this year? What does OML mean by "almost gave up?" Does that mean coming here to live on the land in a doublewide?
Anyone who is here on Tsgvg, which can be served on Friday or SAturday, if we are awaiting out of town guests, will get gravy. Not to mention cranberries and potato chips. Do let me know so I can draw the seating plan and make the menus.
14 comments:
Re: Condo
Not much good news. The living room carpet is being replaced, and there is mildew on the lower part of the walls by the sliding glass door that goes to the balcony. They're drying out the room now, and there is more testing of walls to be done to check for mildew.
The "common" area, (the hallway on my floor, for starters), is pretty trashed. The sheetrock for the walls and ceiling has been removed, so the studs and joists are visible. The carpet in the hallway was ruined and has been removed. Looks like this effort will be measured in weeks, perhaps months, but that's just a guess. My October rental is SOL; I'm just hoping to recover in time for the December showbird that is scheduled to be able to stay comfortably.
The complex is open only to owners; needless to say, it isn't "showing" very well to renters right now. I'll probably go down in a couple of weeks to see what I should/can do, but for right now, I'm probably better off staying out of the way.
Sounds like the tragedy card from a board game: "Buy a condo in Florida, right before 4 hurricanes hit. Skip a turn."
Well, at least it's still standing.
Absolutely right. There are too many people down there without homes, power, or water for me to whine about this. It'll get fixed, and we'll move forward.
I heard that. After a spring of cold and rain, and now a whole month of cold and rain, I keep having to remind myself that it's better than hurricanes. Today I almost gave up; until I read this post.
Anyway, maybe some of that (is it 7 billion?) money will find its way into your campaign coffer. Not likely, I'm guessing. Good luck with the handling and repairs and any addition stress that comes your way.
Yes, people are worse off. Starving Chinese and all that. But it is pretty sucky never the less. Sorry. You guys think you'll go there for Thanksgiving this year?
What does OML mean by "almost gave up?" Does that mean coming here to live on the land in a doublewide?
I certainly hadn't intended to trivialize the damage.
Are we gonna have gravy?
Anyone who is here on Tsgvg, which can be served on Friday or SAturday, if we are awaiting out of town guests, will get gravy. Not to mention cranberries and potato chips. Do let me know so I can draw the seating plan and make the menus.
No thanks, I'm full. And by "full", I mean, "I've had a sammich." And by "sammich", I mean bread with gravy poured aaaaaallllllll over it.
seriously, is eva and co. going to Fla this tksgvg? or coming up here?
All signs point to BTFOM.
I think we'd like to hit the beach, but I don't know if it will work, all things considered. I'll let you know when I can.
okay, i'm stupid. BTFOM?
"I don't know."
Beats (tFOo) Me
Eva is way to deep for me and thanks Gock. Sending you all OML's new address with instructions for use from him.
Post a Comment