Went to the condo last week to finish up the cleanup and have a little fun. We opted for a little more tile in the foyer, so the work won't be complete until this week, but the place looks great. The new tile in the living room by the balcony looks great, and the walls are much less cluttered than they were, but still beach-festive. I'll post some pics over on EvaPics later.
We decided to engage in some drunken debauchery on Saturday night at a local raw bar. Well, we didn't really decide to. It just sort of...happened. Sat down at the oyster bar and slammed oysters, two dozen raw for me and three dozen lightly steamed for der missus. We both love oysters, but it took a lotta beers to wash it all down. All things considered, we had a great time that night, and didn't feel bad the next day, and in fact celebrated Valentine's day a day early with a nice dinner at an Italian restaurant about five minutes from the condo.
And then, bad stuff started happening.
On Monday, both of us started feeling a little sluggish and weak. I got diarrhea that lasted all day and all night Monday night. We both puked some, Afterdinner copiously. We got up early on Monday, got some Immodium in me, and journeyed back to Norx (in separate cars, due to circumstances beyond our control). Felt moderately recovered on Tuesday night, but a little tired from the travel and lack of food.
Then it got painful.
I awoke at about 1:30 AM with excruciating stomach pain, and used various remedies to try to alleviate it, to little or no avail. Afterdinner took me to the 'mergency at about 3:30, where they doped me up real good, gave me a CAT scan (*upper* GI) and blood work, and found an abrasion in my stomach. Prescribed me some drugs for pain, nausea, and to coat my tumtum, and recommended me to an gastroenterologist (or something like that).
So this will be fun...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Good grief! and you didn't summon P & K to your bedsides. Is Daph okay now? Gastroenterologist when? Are you trying to distract us from P's probs?
Don´t ever eat an oyster. No, seriously, you probably have a butt disease. Don´t ever do anything wierd with your butt. Did I mention that I hope your okay and feeling better?
Notes from my sixth consecutive decaffeinated day: I don't like this.
Went to the gastroenterologist. He didn't have copies of my tests from the hospital, which were supposed to be forwarded to his office. (Sigh) When he gets them, he'll let me know what he thinks.
Based on what he heard from me, he isn't inclined to do any more invasive testing, at least until he sees the original results. They gave me a poop scoop tester, and told me to mail my poo back to them when it's good and full (three servings), to ensure that there is no blood in my doodie.
Correction to the original post: I had an *upper* GI at the emergency room, not lower. That's the kind of thing I should remember.
A lower GI of course being a soldier who likes to have his you know what probed while he's torturing innocent terrorists.
Oh, crap. Then that is what I had after all.
So I talked to dude today. He says he doesn't see anything conclusive enough on the CAT to justify any real action including invasive testing, and insists I go back to my regular diet, etcetera. I'm still gonna send him my poo, but after that, assuming there's no blood, I'm done unless there's another event.
I should be relieved, right? At least I've got what are supposed to be some kick-ass pain meds if something does happen.
I say you send him/her one of the cats turds, and tell him you´ve suddenly never felt better.
If I understand the logistics, one must make sure his or her call recipient is at his or her computer and online before one can call said recipient. Correct?
Post a Comment