Friday, February 09, 2007

"Login Issues", or, "Violating Rule One: Be Evil"

I suspect that I know what the problem is, but I'll need for yous guys to check it out to see if it works. I believe that they fucked up the dashboard widget so that it automagically goes to the "new" blogger login, which (a) won't recognize your old login id, and (b) won't let you comment in this blog with your new "gmail" id.

So go to this link: http://www.blogger.com/home, and log in with your old id there. It should let you post or comment again. I'll keep checking with Google to see when they fix the problem. Please check it out, and let me know what happens. If it doesn't work, let me know, and give me your gmail name (in the floogle box, but don't make it "cut and pasteable", to avoid phishing), and I'll send an invite to it so that you can use it to log in here.

In the long run, it looks as if they're going to have everyone use Google ids to log in, but they can't do that until they can import all of the old blogs into the new blogger, which they can't for some reason. I think most of us have got gmail accounts now, so you might as well start planning for that, unless I'm mistaken.

1 comment:

alslee said...

For a while now, since that new stuff started, when I go to add new subject, I get a choice of old or new log in. I choose old and it works fine so far. I'm sure the new one will become mandatory eventually, but I am thinking about that when I must. It is easy to overlook the choice when logging in, as I did the first time.