Thursday, February 01, 2007

Something New - Something Different

I started a Google Group for a few reasons:

- I was curious about what kinds of things people could do in a Google Group

- I was interested in the possibility of having a private online community whose core consists of members of the immediate family, but is significantly more inclusive.

- I had, to a large extent, lost interest in other online communities that had grown quite large.

I've "invited" everyone in the immediate family for whom I had an email address "handy". Those who have accepted the invitation, I have changed their account to "owner", and configured them to recieve a "summary" of activity via email (as opposed to a notice for every message posted, or nothing at all). Feel free to make changes to that as you wish.

I hope someone will pass invites along to JoJo and Agatha. (I am using my gmail account for the purposes of this service; anyone that wants a gmail invite, lemme know where to send it.)

I also invited R* and her younger daughter K*. I hope that each of you will feel free to invite people that you would like to participate. What I envision is that the intimate family topics will be held out of there, but maybe we can have some fun and lively discussions about current events or entertainment or who-knows-what. I also think that with a healthy population, it won't feel so much like cobwebs covered things up if you get distracted for a week or two.

Love,
Gock

6 comments:

davidly said...

I'd already flagged that invite as spam by the time I got this post-notice. You can invite me again, but be warned; I'm not capable of doing much more than pooping on everthing. Being the first to respond to this post, however, insures that I won't be the killer of this blog!

KiKiDo said...

Nobody post a comment so that OML will continue to hold the record.

KiKiDo said...

Wait a minute. Damn it!

Gock said...

Invite passed to Agatha. :-)

New invite issued to OML. :-D

Notice a few things about GG - There is an ad hoc file upload area, that's pretty cool, and an ad hoc "page" area. Looks like you can pretty much compose whatever you want there, should you have any want to.

davidly said...

Ha! I've finally...DOH!!

the EvaDewer said...

They told me to take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut when i tried to get in via excite. Send an invite to my google type mailing address wherein my name is smith followed with bob, but all scrunched up together-like.