Saturday, February 03, 2007

Not really important, but . . . .

Was there ever, in any apartment, any house, or any trailer, throughout the history of ownership or tenancy, during any period of time of their lengthy adulthoods, a garbage disposal that our parents actually allowed us to use?

11 comments:

alslee said...

Pert & Al are dying laughing. And it doesn't really slit your wrists, it just hacks up your fingers really bad. So scratch that method.

KiKiDo said...

Agatha, that post is beautiful. First, although I cannot quite translate the phrase, I can figure out that it is quite in keeping with the global theme of this blog: excrement. Second, it is Theory "Number Two."

davidly said...

I was always allowed to use said disposal as long as I didn't open a window. I think I may have actually been encouraged to "dig around in there" to see if could find something.

At the risk of seeming to be piling on, weren't there other appliances that we had to treat with unusual care thereby rendering them useless?

alslee said...

Oh yeah, well I don't remember seeing any garbage disposal at KoF or OML's house. Could it be you guys broke them? Huh?

alslee said...

I am truly loving the wordplay here. You guys make me proud to be a progenitor and progenitor-in-law.

the EvaDewer said...

I don't know what all that means, but snot came out of my nose when I read OML's "dig around in there" comment, so, yeah...

KiKiDo said...

We do not have a garbage disposal because we don't know how to operate one.

Anonymous said...

I thinks it's a fair assessment to say if KoF and I did have a garbage disposal here I would have broken it long ago. Wah-wah.

davidly said...

Despite Eva's props, I gotta say that what I meant to say was, 'weren't there other appliances that we had to treat with such unusual care that they weren't rendered pointless?'

And now the real reason for this comment; more piling on:
Only mow a strip twice the width of the wheel, or something like that.

But seriously, I can find a way to break stuff. That's why I never use or borrow ANYTHING.

the EvaDewer said...

Borrow one?

Borrow one?

Ewwww.

davidly said...

So that's what that was!